Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 28 October 2021

WEB PAGE NO. 2832 30th October 2021
1ST PICTURE: Homework
2nd PICTURE; Nap Time
3RD PICTURE; Gray Hair
4TH PICTURE: A selection of Bangers
Is this you? I am sure it’s me I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only it is 60 years later: I don’t have to go to school or do homework I don’t have to go to work. I get a regular allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don’t have a curfew. I have a driving license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don’t have acne. Life is great. Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers. I didn’t make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. Old age is coming to me at a really bad time. When I was a child I thought “Nap Time” was a punishment. Now, as a grownup, it feels like an essential small holiday. The biggest lie I tell myself is “I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it." I don’t have grey hair; I have "wisdom highlights"! I’m very wise indeed. If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would’ve put them on my knees. Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven’t met yet. Why do I have to press one for English when you’re just going to be transferred to someone you can't understand anyway? Of course, I talk to myself. I sometimes need expert advice. Fashionable clothes means wearing something comfortable. I can now watch someone else’s fireworks for free. At my age “Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in for.
Mary Remembers:- I was very interested reading about Boots the Chemists & Timothy, Whites & Taylors. In Jan 1966 I started work in the Cosham branch as a dispenser. I soon learned that we had an excellent relationship with Timothy Whites &Taylors right opposite. If we could lend them something we would, & vice versa. One day I was sent across with something for them. I waited patiently as the manager was busy. A customer eyed me up down in my nice white coat and asked me" Will you take for this Love?" She handed me a frying pan!!! Had lots of funny moments whilst working for Boots! Stay in Touch Peter gsseditor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment