Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday 2 September 2021

Firstly it was great to see you at the Churchillian and here is a picture of Bett in her Manor Court tshirt
WEB PAGE NO. 2816 Winnie the Poh 4th September 2021 1ST PICTURE: Pooh and Piglet
2nd PICTURE; Pooh and Christopher Robin
3RD PICTURE; AA Milne with Christopher Robin
4TH PICTURE; My favourite Eeyore
Here I must admit to a lifelong devotion to Winnie the Pooh. I have just found these Winnie the Pooh quotes on life... "You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes." "Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake." “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.” "When you first wake up in the morning, Pooh," Piglet said at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day." "People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day." "Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved." "When all else fails, take a nap." "'What day is it?' asked Pooh. 'It's today,' squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day,' said Pooh." "When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles." "The sun still shines, even when it's hiding." Winnie the Pooh quotes on friendship... "A friend is one of the best things you can have, and one of the best things you can be." "A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together, There is something you must always remember, You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think, But the most important thing is, even if we are apart, I'll always be with you." "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." "A day without laughter is a day wasted." "'We'll be friends forever won't we, Pooh?' 'Even longer.'" "Any day spent with you is my favourite day. So, today is my new favourite day." "We didn't realise we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." "'I don't feel very much like Pooh today,' said Pooh. 'There, there,' said Piglet. 'I'll bring you tea and honey until you do.'" "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." Winnie the Pooh quotes on being yourself... "The things that make me different are the things that make me." Winnie the Pooh quotes on love... "Piglet: 'How do you spell love?' Pooh: 'You don't spell it, you feel it'." "A hug," said Pooh, "is always the right size!" Stay in touch Peter gsseditor@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I too loved Milne's books my mum gave ne a leather bound first edition of Now we are Six...I have passed this on to my daughter and grandchildren. I also gave them a complete Folio Society set of the Pooh Bear books beautifully bound.
    One of my favourite poems in Now we are Six is Christopher Robin had Sneazles and Weazles so they bundled him off to his bed and gave him what goes for a cold in his nose and some more for a cold in the head etc etc

    ReplyDelete